- Do not work out the day of procedure
- Do not tan or have sunburned face
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oils or Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure
- No alcohol or caffeine 2 days before procedure
- Any waxing, brow shaping or tinting must be done at least 3 days in advance
- Electrolysis no less than 5 days before procedure. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least 2 weeks
- Please note you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle
Aftercare is crucial, it is very important to follow these instructions for the full 10 days to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
- Let your brow tattoo DRY HEAL for the first 10 days following the procedure
- Keep the area clean and let it breathe
- NO water, cleansers, cream, makeup or any other products on the treated area for 10 days
- 4-5 hours after the procedure, clean the area with sterile water and a cotton pad or gauze and allow to air dry
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pull the pigment out.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days
- NO facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
- DO NOT run water directly into your brow tattoo the first 10 days
- NO saunas, steam rooms, pools, massages, facials and skin treatments during the healing process
Your skin may start to feel tight/dry around days 3-5 post tattoo session. If so you may apply a SMALL amount of coconut oil/grape seed oil around your brow area ONLY IF NEEDED! If you do feel the need to moisturize please keep it to a minimum.
APPROXIMATE HEALING SCHEDULE BY DAY:
Remember that healing is a process. PLEASE BE PATIENT. Your brows will change and appear different day by day as it goes through this process. THIS IS NORMAL.
- Day 1-2 Brows are crisp and are 20-40% darker and bolder than your healed results. There may be very minimal redness and no swelling.
- Day 3-5 Your brows will begin to itch and the pigment will appear raised. Brows will appear dark due to oxidation and scabbing. The top layers of your skin will begin to shed. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH!! Let them fall off naturally.
- Day 6-8 The skin is rapidly exfoliating and will shed if left alone. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH!! The pigment under the exfoliating skin will appear light until the epidermis takes on its more transparent characteristics.
- Day 10 Most or all of the scabbing has fallen off naturally. Brows will appear light and will warm up as the skin continues to heal. You can wash your brows now! Yay!
- Day 30-60 Now is the time to critique your brows. The tattoo has now become part of the dermis, seen under the epidermis.
DO NOT expect your brow tattoo to heal perfectly or have perfect results after the first session. This is a 2 step process, sometimes more step process.
- The first touch up (second session) is done within 4-8 weeks after the initial session.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointment.
- OUT OF TOWN CLIENTS: a trip back for touch ups in your location is not guaranteed. All future appointments are done in our home studio in Pasadena, CA.
- Permanent makeup may not appear as bold or sharp on darker skin clients compared to lighter skin clients.
- Some clients may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional touch ups.
LONG TERM CARE
- Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your cosmetic tattoo
- If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics. Laser light therapy can darken, light and distort the pigment
- The use of RetinA/Tretinoin or any other rapid skin exfoliation products used regularly on the forehead will cause the permanent makeup to the eyebrow area to fade prematurely
- The use of chemical peels and acid peels regularly on the forehead region can also cause eyebrow tattoos to fade prematurely
Antacids, thyroid and anxiety medications have been reported as interfering with permanent makeup either by affecting retention or shifting the pigment to an undesirable tone. Remember, everything we eat and drink have their own chemical structure and the electron ends that are unattached or free, may get attached to other compounds inside the body forming a new molecule that may show a different color spectrum. With that info, an educated client may have better expectations and know that she/he may need more frequent adjustment than others.
As the area around the eye is sensitive, swelling or reddening may occur; you may want to postpone social plans for a few days. Please avoid these procedures at least a month prior to important life events such as weddings; procedures may take longer than expected to be complete under some circumstances.
The better condition your skin is in, the better the final result will be. Mature clients may need an additional one to two weeks healing for the final results to appear. The better you take care of your skin and protect it from UV rays, the better the outcome and lifespan of the permanent cosmetic procedure.